Train-loving photographers could have their work on display at one of the most popular train-oriented attractions in the world.
The Golden Spike Tower & Visitor Center, overlooking Union Pacific's Bailey Yard in North Platte, Nebraska, has announced its first-ever photography contest—and the rules are pretty simple.
The photo can also include people, animals, scenery and so forth—there just needs to be a train somewhere in the photograph.
The winning photo, selected by a panel of judges, will be enlarged to an 18" x 36" print, framed and placed on display at the Golden Spike Tower for one year. The photographer's name and hometown will be prominently noted as well. The winning photograph will be announced in September.
Photos can be black & white or color.
Entries will be accepted between April 1 and July 31, 2013.
You may enter online or mail in your entry:
To enter by mail fill out the following forms and send to:
- Entry must feature a TRAIN somewhere in the photo. Can be any kind of train. Can be taken anywhere in the world. And can be any part of any train.
- All entries must include Entry/Authorization Form.
- Model Release Form must accompany photo if a person
is in the photo.
- Entry fee ($25) must be included with entry to be eligible.
- To enter online, follow this link enter online here.
- Questions / Problems?: Please check our FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS — most answers and solutions are found there.
- Download and fill out Entry/Authorization Form
- Download and fill out Model Release Form (if applicable)
- Prints must be unmounted 8×10 on photo paper.
- Label every photo with your name and address, and indicate which edge is the top.
- Make checks payable to the Golden Spike Tower.
- All entries must include payment, entry form, and photographs.
Golden Spike Tower & Visitor Center
1249N. Homestead Road
North Platte, NE 69101